and Business Office
Williams Administrative Building • 1230 Douglas Street • Sturgis, S.D. 57785
Donald A. Kirkegaard, superintendent
Brett Burditt, business manager
"To Build Knowledge and Skills for Success Today and Tomorrow"
"Meade School District will work in conjunction with its community to provide excellent academics and co-curricular activities that develop life-long learners and productive citizens.”
Our Belief Statements:
We believe that…
- Every individual is a lifelong learner.
- Learning requires a commitment from students teachers, administration, support staff, parents
and the community.
- The cornerstones of learning are integrity, empathy, responsibility, honesty, respect and accountability
- Every student has the right to a quality
education and the responsibility to achieve it.
- All students have the potential to be productive members of society.
- The needs of students should be our first priority.
- Diversity among people is to be valued.
- People are our greatest resource.
- Schools must provide a safe environment for
teaching and learning.
- Effective schools must have high expectations for
students and staff.
- Learning is enhanced by a positive and supportive
environment that fosters creativity, self-confidence
- Students are capable of making decisions, with
proper guidance, and are responsible for their
- Our school system is accountable to our community.
- Change is essential for growth and improvement.
Meade School District is accredited by School Improvement AdvancED. This district-wide accreditation, the first in South Dakota, occurred in the Spring of 2007 with re-accreditation in 2012, means Meade School District and all its schools meet the high standards for a quality school system. Meade School District is also accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education.