Athletic practice schedule
Parents of Sturgis Brown High School freshmen and students new to Meade School District who plan on participating in SBHS extracurricular activities during the 2012-13 school year must attend a parents meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21, in the west gym at SBHS.
All athletes participating in any SBHS or Sturgis Williams Middle School extracurricular activity must have athletic physicals prior to the first scheduled practice. In addition, all parental permission forms must be signed and turned in prior to that first practice. Click here for the extra-curricular policy and forms.
SBHS practice schedule is as follows:
· Boys Golf (Grades 7-12): First practice is 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 6, at Boulder Canyon Country Club. Coach is Steve Keszler.
· Football (Grades 9-12): 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 12, west gym at the high school for a parent meeting. First practice for students in grades 10-12 is 7:30-9:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 13, at SBHS. First practice for students in grade 9 is 7:30-9:30 a.m. and 10-11:30 a.m., Monday, Aug. 13, at SBHS. Head coach is Clint Nelson.
· Cross country (Grades 9-12): First practice is 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 13, at SBHS. Coach is Scott Peterson.
· Volleyball (Varsity, JV and C): First practice is 9 a.m.-noon Monday, Aug. 13, at SBHS. Head coach is Sharon Peterson.
· Girls soccer: First practice is 6-7:15 a.m. and 5:30-7 p.m. Monday, July 30, at the Sturgis Soccer Complex. Coach is Richard Long.
· Competitive dance: First practice for kick routine dancers only is 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 13, in the wrestling room at SBHS. All dancers will report at 4 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16. Coach is Darla DeKraai.
· Competitive cheer and sideline cheer: A camp for all participants will be 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 13, at SBHS. Competitive cheer will meet from 9-11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, through Friday, Aug. 24, at SBHS. Sideline cheer will meet from noon-2 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, through Friday, Aug. 24, at SBHS. Coach is Tanya Taylor.
SWMS practices for volleyball, football and cross country will not begin until the first day of school Monday, Aug. 27.