"To Build Knowledge and Skills for Success Today and Tomorrow"
School District will work in conjunction with its community to provide
excellent academics and co-curricular activities that develop life-long
learners and productive citizens.”
Our Belief Statements:
We believe that…
- Every individual is a lifelong learner.
- Learning requires a commitment from students teachers, administration, support staff, parents
and the community.
- The cornerstones of learning are integrity, empathy, responsibility, honesty, respect and accountability.
- Every student has the right to a quality
education and the responsibility to achieve it.
- All students have the potential to be productive members of society.
- The needs of students should be our first priority.
- Diversity among people is to be valued.
- People are our greatest resource.
- Schools must provide a safe environment for
- Effective schools must have high expectations for
- Learning is enhanced by a positive and supportive
fosters creativity, self-confidence
- Students are capable of making decisions, with
guidance, and are responsible for their
- Our school system is accountable to our community.
- Change is essential for growth and improvement.
Meade School District is accredited by
Improvement AdvancED. This district-wide
accreditation, the first in South Dakota, occurred in the Spring
of 2007 with reaccreditation in 2012, means Meade School District and all its schools meet the high
standards for a quality school system. Meade School District is also
accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education.